Galaxy Forums-Beta
Hey! Welcome to the Galaxy Forums! Thanks for coming! You can sign up (hopefully you do because we are a really fun community!) log-in, or close this box and display the forums as a guest.
Galaxy Forums-Beta
Hey! Welcome to the Galaxy Forums! Thanks for coming! You can sign up (hopefully you do because we are a really fun community!) log-in, or close this box and display the forums as a guest.
Galaxy Forums-Beta
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opened in beta!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The galaxy forums are now OFFICIALLY in beta! I hope your not still sad about plumpit and criterz, because we plan to bring them back, and we ALSO plan for this forum to be even more organized and fun then ANY forum we've EVER had BEFORE!

Programming Branch Team Sign Up!

Go down 
+2
hoagie master 12
Artist13Design
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Artist13Design
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1078
Registration date : 2008-12-31

PB Character sheet
Charactor Bio:

Programming Branch Team Sign Up! Empty
PostSubject: Programming Branch Team Sign Up!   Programming Branch Team Sign Up! EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 8:42 pm

Ok well I will be making this for every branch. This is basically a sign up for the selected branch and a maximum of 10 people per branch allowed. You can only join ONE branch at a time. This means if you are good at graphics and programming, you have to decide your best quality. Anyway sign up here.

When signing up I want an example of what you can do, so post some work of your best stuff. If you don't have stuff, you can't join. What is stuff? It's just your work =P. Please also tell me WHY you want to be on the team. And why is not " because I want to" I want a couple sentences of why.

~Sign Up Form~

1. Your Name
2. Your Age
3. Position
4. Work
5. Why
6. Contact

Example-

1. Artist
2. 13
3. Graphic Design
4. Plumpit Graphics (please actually post your work directly though)
5. I want to be a graphic designer because I beleive I am decent at designing. I have suceeded in making graphics for other groups and I think I am fit for the job. I am always here to help, and I can design anything and anytime.
6. artist13design@hotmail.com

Join!
Back to top Go down
https://okayyyy.forumotion.net
hoagie master 12
Admin
Admin
hoagie master 12

Number of posts : 334

PostSubject: Re: Programming Branch Team Sign Up!   Programming Branch Team Sign Up! EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 10:34 am

ok if your gonna do this noones gonna sign up. lol. im NOT gonna be a programmer, only with certain games. noone likes to have to program every game. Thats why support quit programming, If yoour doing this. Im choosing art
Back to top Go down
Gamerboy
Special Citizen

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Programming Branch Team Sign Up!   Programming Branch Team Sign Up! EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 10:52 am

I think programming you may wish to have a separate sign up for each project, as with programming you've really got to have the will to do it and fix bugs otherwise you will just give up. Also, as it sounds like they will be in multiple languages, not everyone would be good for programming all projects..
Back to top Go down
supportfth
Programmer of all Legends.
Programmer of all Legends.
supportfth

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PB Character sheet
Charactor Bio:

PostSubject: Re: Programming Branch Team Sign Up!   Programming Branch Team Sign Up! EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 8:22 pm

I'll happily be a translator and a moderator. Is there a branch for that?
Back to top Go down
http://www.galaxy-ca.net
hoagie master 12
Admin
Admin
hoagie master 12

Number of posts : 334

PostSubject: Re: Programming Branch Team Sign Up!   Programming Branch Team Sign Up! EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 11:43 pm

lol probably. there probably like a toilet branch and a funny guy branch, and a club penguin branch. Dont forget the branch for making ideas for more branches!
Back to top Go down
Artist13Design
Admin
Admin

PB Character sheet
Charactor Bio:

PostSubject: Re: Programming Branch Team Sign Up!   Programming Branch Team Sign Up! EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 1:56 pm

Ok seriously guys? If you have something to say make a suggestion. I never said anything about everyone working on every project. I mean hoagie is or would be a part of the programming branch but he doesn't program for EVERY game. This was meant to be so we could referr to programmers and we ask the programmers which project they want ot be a part of.

Oh yeah sorry, but I also left out the part that the programmers will also be beta testers. I figured what you guys though so I decided that every one in the branch can atleast test the game so they have something to do as a programmer.
Back to top Go down
Gamerboy
Special Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Programming Branch Team Sign Up!   Programming Branch Team Sign Up! EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 6:51 pm

I'm sorry, I assumed it as you didn't say otherwise, as that's the way most programming teams on miniclip seem to work. Maybe it would be better if all members did beta testing, as the more testing means more of the bugs are found and also get more opinions on potential improvements.

Anyway, I don't think I will apply at the moment, as I work best solo when programming.
Back to top Go down
Artist13Design
Admin
Admin

PB Character sheet
Charactor Bio:

PostSubject: Re: Programming Branch Team Sign Up!   Programming Branch Team Sign Up! EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 7:57 pm

Yes all citizens can beta test, but I find it better that programmers officially beta test it. Just because citizens tend to like the idea of beta testing to get the title and get the prizes and such, and don't really NEED to beta test. I am sure that when a citizen plays the game and finds a bug they will report it, but the programmers will actually test it looking for bugs.

And gamerboy, its fine, its really hoagie I was pissed at because I sit here thinking of all this stuff for the new galaxy community that he begged and pleaded me to come back to instead of ditching us so we can start fresh, and here he is, done absolutely nothing to help so far making fun of the work I do, when I clearly stated that the ideas were still being worked on and that I knew improvements were needed.
Back to top Go down
Gamerboy
Special Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Programming Branch Team Sign Up!   Programming Branch Team Sign Up! EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 9:04 pm

Okay, I don't think we should produce a list of beta testers for the normal games or anything like that. Just contribution towards Galaxy.

I think what he was trying to say is that you sometimes seem to over complicate things (I suffer from this as well, especially with databases), he just makes posts in a fairly light hearted manner to get his point across. Improvements are needed, but as long as we stay focused we should be alright.
Back to top Go down
Artist13Design
Admin
Admin

PB Character sheet
Charactor Bio:

PostSubject: Re: Programming Branch Team Sign Up!   Programming Branch Team Sign Up! EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 10:29 am

Right. I completely agree. Now does anybody want to join?
Back to top Go down
Gamerboy
Special Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Programming Branch Team Sign Up!   Programming Branch Team Sign Up! EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 1:53 pm

Sorry, it's still a no from me. I might be able to help with some of the programming, but I wouldn't want to be part of a branch at the moment at least.
Back to top Go down
Scythe
Scythe

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2009-08-20

PB Character sheet
Charactor Bio:

PostSubject: Re: Programming Branch Team Sign Up!   Programming Branch Team Sign Up! EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 2:36 pm

I think we should have a contest for all branches in wich everyone should show a graphic/ code/ idea and then choose them or else this will be a mess!
Back to top Go down
http://www.silent-wolf.net
Tdsq
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2009-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Programming Branch Team Sign Up!   Programming Branch Team Sign Up! EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 12:18 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Programming Branch Team Sign Up!   Programming Branch Team Sign Up! Empty

Back to top Go down

Programming Branch Team Sign Up!
Page 1 of 1