Galaxy Forums-Beta
Hey! Welcome to the Galaxy Forums! Thanks for coming! You can sign up (hopefully you do because we are a really fun community!) log-in, or close this box and display the forums as a guest.
Galaxy Forums-Beta
Hey! Welcome to the Galaxy Forums! Thanks for coming! You can sign up (hopefully you do because we are a really fun community!) log-in, or close this box and display the forums as a guest.
Galaxy Forums-Beta
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opened in beta!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The galaxy forums are now OFFICIALLY in beta! I hope your not still sad about plumpit and criterz, because we plan to bring them back, and we ALSO plan for this forum to be even more organized and fun then ANY forum we've EVER had BEFORE!

What is our Galaxy Community So Far?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Artist13Design
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1078
Registration date : 2008-12-31

PB Character sheet
Charactor Bio:

What is our Galaxy Community So Far? Empty
PostWhat is our Galaxy Community So Far?

Ok well I have spent some time on this through out the past couple weeks and had some ideas and suggestions and complaints and all that. This is not the final product of our structure but I am just getting the idea out to everyone. Basically what Galaxy Community needs is organization, yet fun, and non- pressuring. This means that we have to have fun, which takes away from organization, and non-pressuring which might not get us anywhere without organization. We also need organization to keep us together.

Anyway here is basically how it works. Galaxy Community will yes, be a community- but will act as a government. Don't take that in a bad way. The government part is just the backbone of the community, the organization structure part. Most of your will only have to sit, listen, and follow. You won't have to worry, just a comment, complaint or suggestion here or there. Back to the community- we will work with 3 different types of member. An Executive Member, A Branch Member, and a Citizen Member.

Executive Member- The Executive Member is the head of the community. It cannot make all out decisions, but it does have a big say in something. This means it does have authority and power, but it cannot take down the community with it if it tries to attempt anything. We Executives can vote in all decisions and have a voting rank of 5. That means our votes count as 5 points toward the decision. Did I mention there were only 3-5 of us?

Branch Member- First off, there will be 3 branchs. The programming branch, graphics branch, and storylines and Idea branch. there will be a maximum of 10 members per branch (for now, things can change as the community grows) and they will have say in their interest group. That means that they will have their own votes on their interest related decisions. You do have to be invited into this group, so please no asking. Your votes will first count as 3 points, but as you move up your ranks you can get to be a 4 point vote.

Citizen Member- You citizens may be a small individual, but as a group a major influence in the community as a whole. You don't have any specific jobs, requirements or anything, you don't even have to vote, but it is highly recommended. Your vote counts as 1 point, and you can move to be a 2 point vote.

Ranks- There are 4 different ranks. But the ranks will be individual to the group you are in. So if you are a platinum citizen, the bronze branch member is still higher then you. What is platinum and bronze you ask? A rank! There are 4 ranks. Each rank has its special requirements, respect, and abilities. Anyway the 4 are bronze, silver, gold, and platinum.

Bronze to gold have a voting value of 1, and once you become a platinum you are a 2. Same thing for Branch Members, 3 and 4. Once we get galaxy point shops open, each rank and group will have different special items and purchases, maybe even discounts and specials. How can I move up in rank? Many ways, sooner or later we will create a galaxy point system and you can earn points in various ways.

Galaxy Point System- This will not be an actual program or system, we may make an app for it sooner or later, but for now it will be calculated in a Thread devoted to it. You can earn points in various ways, like good citizenship, helping, ideas, a bunch of ways. You can also get points taken away. You won't actual get points taken away, but you will have two scores. A good and bad score. The higher the good score the better, the lower the bad score the better.

Voting- We will be voting on absolutely everything. But that doesn't mean everyone will be involved in every vote. A vote will be classified as a Color.

Red- Very Important ~Everyone votes
Orange- Important ~ Executives and branch members vote
Yellow- Regular Decision ~ Executives Vote, and Branch Members involved in vote are voting
Green- Small Decision ~ Executives Vote
Blue- Branch Vote ~ Just Branch Members of interest vote

Your Rank cannot differ whether the color you are involved in. You could be a platinum citizen and still only vote in a Red Vote just like a Bronze Citizen. As you can see if we had everyone vote for EVERYTHING, then voting would take WAY too long. We want most of these votes to get over with by the end of the day, possibly within the hour.

Thanks for reading. There is a LOT more to this that I forgot, and I will be adding it shortly. Ask anyquestions you want I am open to answering. I have thought most of this out and I will probably have unposted reasons to questions. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
https://okayyyy.forumotion.net
Share this post on: reddit

What is our Galaxy Community So Far? :: Comments

Re: What is our Galaxy Community So Far?
Post Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:29 am by Gamerboy
I agree with the basic structure, as I think that would work well. However, it seems like you are making the system a lot more complex than it needs to be.

-Executive
-Branch
-Regular

Sounds fine by me, and who votes in which poll I also agree with. My only thing I would suggest would be to avoid having ranks and different vote numbers. Co-ordination of when votes will be should be done if you want them to be over within a day or hour, so we all put our votes in rather than just the thread starter.
Scythe
Post Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:41 pm by Scythe
I bet we will be completing all of the things mentioned above

(FIRST POST)
Matt
Post Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:46 pm by Matt
Great idea! Can I be in the storyline and ideas branch?

-Matt
Post Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:17 pm by Artist13Design
First off, thanks for your input gamerboy. I think it may be a little too complex just throwing my basic ideas out there of what the structure COULD be. Once we actually complete it I will post the complete structure and rules basis. I still think we should have ranks, but no diffferent voting levels for your rank. So if you are platinum you have same as bronze.

I do think we should have ranks but maybe just for the citizens. So when you are a branch member you can either be a branch member or leader, and ranks just give citizens something to work their goal to. Also Matt, please no asking to be in the branch. We will have threads for showing work to be invited.

Anyway this goes to ALL people that want to be in a branch- either PM me now or wait until I make a thread. I will make a thread for each branch and you can discusss show work and try to persuade me to let you in. Not persuade like " please PLEASE PLEASE!!!" but like say what you are good at, like a persuasive letter.
Scythe
Post Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:30 pm by Scythe
The branch ideas are ok but i think we should have contests electing the people in the branch so that everyone has a chance of showing their ideas/graphics/codes
Post Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:52 pm by Artist13Design
Contests electing people? Thats like saying that you enter a contest in the US and some random person wins to become the president. We already have election for branchs but not right now because once we get as many people as we need, later people that want to join say like 3 months from now can get elected into the branch and elected out.

Even though I pretty much just made that up thanks for the info because it caused me to think of the idea. Anyway we really don't need to worry about that for now.
Scythe
Post Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:07 pm by Scythe
We shall se if it works then...

I think it will

What is our Galaxy Community So Far?

Page 1 of 1